Synertek 6507

From: Dwight K. Elvey <dwightk.elvey_at_amd.com>
Date: Wed Mar 12 18:53:00 2003

>From: "Jim Kearney" <jim_at_jkearney.com>
>
>>From: "Dwight K. Elvey" <dwightk.elvey_at_amd.com>
>> I'm looking for a data sheet for the Synertek 6507.
>> This is not the same as the reduced pin 6502's of the
>> same number by other manufactures. This is a video control
>> chip. If anyone has an old Synertek book with the
>> programming information for one of these I'd like
>> to get a photo copy??
>
>According to my 1983 Synertek book, the SY6507 _is_ a 28-pin 65xx CPU with
>8K addressing. The only video controllers they list are the SY6545, SY6845,
>SY66450 and SY66550.

Hi Jim
 This is what Eric Smith tells me as well. As I told
him, it doesn't make much sense. The board has a 6502
as well as the 6507 with the data lines tied together.
I guess they could use opposite phases or something.
I was tracing down the sync signals for the video
and they seem to be coming from this part??
I do have a schematic someplace but I haven't located
it yet.
 Now I have a mystery to solve?
Dwight