An organization (was: Re: Penske is our friend!

From: Brian Hechinger <wonko_at_4amlunch.net>
Date: Mon Mar 17 08:22:00 2003

On Mon, Mar 17, 2003 at 12:49:25AM -0500, Gunther Schadow wrote:

> But the good news of the story (only slightly clouded by the
> fraud allegations) is that Penske does tend to not rip you off
> if you just talk with them.

i've been renting Penske for years (won't use anyone else) and you don't need
to claim you are a business. i never have. they start at $.30/mile, and are
more than happy to let you pay that (for the un-informed) but have absolutely
no problem dropping that price. i don't think i have ever paid more than
$.18/mile in my life, and if you are going enough miles, you can get it down
even lower (i think $.09 is the lowest i've gotten, but that was for thousands
of miles)

so, in a nutshell, the whole fraud thing is moot, since it makes no difference
to penske if you are a business or not, it just matters if you know that the
$.30/mile is not set in gold. ;)

-brian