Industrial VAX 630 info wanted...

From: David Woyciesjes <dwoyciesjes_at_comcast.net>
Date: Thu Mar 20 14:13:01 2003

Witchy wrote:

> [...]

        Well, it was probably just a spare part tossed on there. This box was
shipped solely for the purpose of testing specialty keyboard/mouse
hardware.

...and this reply, since they are related...

Antonio Carlini wrote:

> > Hmm, gotta fix that. here's the close up picture of the
> > plate that's hanging out, for KVM...
> > http://mywebpages.comcast.net/dwoyciesjes/MVC-001F.JPG
>
> I know what that bulkhead connector is for, but without
> a video system to plug it into it's not much more
> than just a connector!

        Well, I do have in my parts bin, 2 cables that look like they might
work. Both have 3 BNC (RGB) connectors for video, but one has a box on
it, with PS/2 style mouse & keyboard; while the other has only the RJ-?
style DEC keyboard connector.
        I have the monitor from my DEC 3000/400 (3 BNC connectors) and a DEC
VRT17-HA (5 BNC) currently displaying green mono from my VAXStation
3100.
        Would I be safe trying one of those cable/monitor combinations on the
VAX?

> >From the original pics it looks like it plugs in
> somewhere inside - I just don't think that it's
> the DEQNA that it plugs into. So where does it
> connect (you didn't list any video cards in the

        I'll have to go and take a look to see what the card says...
--
---Dave Woyciesjes
---ICQ# 905818