Industrial VAX 630 info wanted...

From: Witchy <witchy_at_binarydinosaurs.co.uk>
Date: Sat Mar 22 07:21:57 2003

Ah, so is there a possibility it was used for testing of DECstation and
VAXstation hardware?

> Well, I do have in my parts bin, 2 cables that look like they might
> work. Both have 3 BNC (RGB) connectors for video, but one has a box on
> it, with PS/2 style mouse & keyboard; while the other has only the RJ-?
> style DEC keyboard connector.

The early Alphas (as has been discussed here) had a similar cable, complete
with a mylar (?) strip that sat underneath the monitor to keep the
keyboard/mouse box in one place.

> I have the monitor from my DEC 3000/400 (3 BNC connectors) and a DEC
> VRT17-HA (5 BNC) currently displaying green mono from my VAXStation
> 3100.
> Would I be safe trying one of those cable/monitor
> combinations on the VAX?

Personally I wouldn't until I dismantled the VAX to see where the bulkhead
connector went. From its form factor it was obviously designed for a MVII,
so given that thinking it could've been part of an MVII GPX and therefore
would definitely be for a KVM cable; I'd wait until someone gives a definite
answer.

cheers

--
adrian/witchy