4M expanded memory cards

From: chris <cb_at_mythtech.net>
Date: Thu Mar 20 14:25:00 2003

> Yep, I've got an Intel ISA AboveBoards too. 8 30 pin SIMM slots.
>Currently is loaded with 1MB SIMMs. Anybody want it?

Humm... then maybe what I have isn't "AboveBoard"'s.

I'm pretty sure the ones I have don't have SIMM slots. I think they are
just a whole mess of DIP chips sitting in sockets right on the board. I
think some of them are even multiple layers deep (a daughter card
attached to the main card to add more chips).

I thought they were labeled "INTEL AboveBoard", but maybe I'm mistaken
and they are some other memory upgrade board. I do know they are RAM
upgrades and they are for ISA slots... that much I am sure about.

Although I do (or did?), have one with SIMM slots for an MCA bus for
PS/2's. I think I sent that to Larry when I sent him a bunch of 486
parts, but I'm not sure (like most of the rest of you, I just have piles
of stuff... and I'm not always that good at keeping track of it)

-chris
<http://www.mythtech.net>