Jupiter Ace

From: Witchy <witchy_at_binarydinosaurs.co.uk>
Date: Sat Mar 22 07:22:22 2003

> -----Original Message-----
> From: cctech-admin_at_classiccmp.org [mailto:cctech-admin_at_classiccmp.org]On
> Behalf Of Philip Pemberton
> Sent: 20 March 2003 20:30
> To: cctalk_at_classiccmp.org
> Subject: Re: Jupiter Ace
>
> Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou :-)

No problem; the machine was sat behind me!

> keyboard. Is that
> an assembly date of some sort? Hmm... Mine's got one too, but the
> isopropyl rinse has lightened the ink a bit.

The handwritten one? I'd say so. The Ace started in '82 and ended in 83 so
it's a good guess. Sadly neither Richard Altwasser or Steve Vickers want to
talk to me about the Ace, which is a shame. I've found people from the likes
of Tandata, Newbury Labs, Grundy, Memotech, Nine Tiles and Camputers who
like talking about the history; shame the people who were part of the
pivotal time of home computing are silent. One of the Newbury people also
did work for Torch *and* had a hand in the Enterprise 64.

> Anyway, thanks a lot Witchy. I guess I'll have to keep my eyes open for a
> knackered speccy. Or I could ask in comp.sys.sinclair, but I'm
> not that mad yet...

I've got a couple of cannibalised ones I can get the speaker from....just
got to find them! Watch this space.

cheers

--
adrian/witchy