PDP-11/35 FC?

From: Ethan Dicks <erd_6502_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri Mar 28 14:26:00 2003

--- Joe <rigdonj_at_cfl.rr.com> wrote:
> First, what's the significance of the FC on the model number?

No idea. If this were "Suspended", I'd guess "Filter Computer" :-)

> Second, I went through chassis and here's a list of the cards in it.

> Slot: Card:
> 4 M7231D H Data Path
> 7 CI M60 made by QED Q
> 9 90 CPU made by QED has DCJ11-AA IC Q
> 11 MS 95 made by QED H

Neat - plenty of horsepower there!

> 15-16 M920 U
> 19-20 M920 U

Jumper cards. Interesting comment about them here:

http://www.varx.com/va01005.html

I think they mean that in modern Unibus designs, the cable length
is suboptimal to prevent signal reflection. The newer jumper blocks
are taller with more mylar cable folded up inside. Consult DEC's
Unibus Handbook for details on Unibus configuration. I figure if
the machine has them now, they'll be OK, but if all you want to do
is hook some DD11CKs and DD11DKs together, go with the newer ones.

> 16 M7254 Q
> 17 M7255 Q
> 18 M7256 Q
> 19 M7257 Q

RK11D (including the backplane)

> 22 M7762 H

RL11 (RL01/RL02 controller - up to 4 drives)

> 27 M7228 Q

KW11-P real-time clock.

> 29 M7800 Q
> 31 M7800 Q
> 33 M7800 Q

DL-11E serial boards

> 36 M7911 Q
> 37 M7912 H
> 38 M7821 fits in single slot (#2)
> 38 M105 fits in single slot (#3)
> 38 M796 fits in single slot (#4)
> 38 M930 U bus terminator? installed in bottom two slots
> 39 M795 installed u[pside down. Is this correct?

TS03 controller (the entire backplane - these aren't SPC (Small Peripheral
Controller) slots). Not sure about the M795 being upside-down. I'd
check that before applying power. Sometimes non-DEC goobs aren't paying
attention when they randomly pull boards.

-ethan