486 DOS machines OT yet? Networking on Same?

From: Vintage Computer Festival <vcf_at_siconic.com>
Date: Sat Mar 29 23:44:00 2003

On Sat, 29 Mar 2003, Ron Hudson wrote:

> If they are not OT please let me know...
>
> Anybody know how to network DOS 6.22?
>
> I need a telnet and an FTP. I have an SMC Elite 16C Ultra
> ethernet card, with the driver diskette.
>

> (warning REALLY OT part starts here, please don OT resistant glasses )
>

> I want it to talk to my Samba equiped Linux Server...

You'll need Microsoft LAN Manager. You can find it on an NT install CD,
or if you search Microsoft's website, or you can make it easy on yourself
and ask me to send you what you need.

My voicemail system is networked with it, but I don't think I ever tried
to access it with Samba from a Linux box (I can access other MS Windows
machines from the voicemail server, but not the other way around).

 * Old computing resources for business and academia at www.VintageTech.com *