486 DOS machines OT yet? Networking on Same?

From: Frank McConnell <fmc_at_reanimators.org>
Date: Sun Mar 30 00:28:00 2003

Ron Hudson <rhudson_at_cnonline.net> wrote:
> Anybody know how to network DOS 6.22?
>
> I need a telnet and an FTP. I have an SMC Elite 16C Ultra
> ethernet card, with the driver diskette.

NCSA Telnet (which includes a DOS command-line FTP client) and the
packet driver from your driver diskette? This works for me.

> I want it to talk to my Samba equiped Linux Server...

If you want to be able to mount it as a network drive, you are
probably looking for LAN Manager (as a client) or an MS-DOS NFS client
(I know there were some commercial offerings, don't know about free).

-Frank McConnell