Need byte-splitter utility

From: Ron Hudson <rhudson_at_cnonline.net>
Date: Sun Mar 30 01:46:00 2003

On Saturday, March 29, 2003, at 09:28 PM, Bruce Lane wrote:

> Hi, gang,
>
> I've got a single EPROM file that I need to split into separate
> odd-byte/even-byte files for programming into two separate (smaller)
> EPROMs. I'm not able to figure out how to make the Unisite programmer
> do this, so I'm thinking a DOS or Windoze based splitting utility will
> do the trick.
>
> Here's the problem; I've searched all over Google, and can't find
> anything that'll work.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks much.

Is the file "readable" -ie text that may look like:

0000 00 11 22 33 44 55 66 77
0008 88 99 aa bb cc dd ee ff
000f 10 11 22 33 44 55 66 77

(only lined up because this is not a monospaced font)

You could write somthing quick and dirty in perl/basic/python/c/other
language of choice

All the above probably available to a windows/dos machine.