'melted' tape roller

From: Witchy <witchy_at_binarydinosaurs.co.uk>
Date: Wed Feb 4 03:23:58 2004

> -----Original Message-----
> From: cctalk-bounces_at_classiccmp.org
> [mailto:cctalk-bounces_at_classiccmp.org] On Behalf Of Tony Duell
> Sent: 04 February 2004 00:06
> To: cctalk_at_classiccmp.org
> Subject: Re: 'melted' tape roller
> You might find an 'idler tyre' for a VCR would work if you
> can get one the right size. You want to go to a _good_ VCR
> spares/repair place and see if they can match it up.

Hmm. Pity the only good repairs place round here closed down a couple of
years ago; never found out why. There's one more but he's one of the
grumpiest people I've ever come across.
> I don't think an O-ring is very suitable here, you want
> something with a rectangluar cross-section.

Does it have to be? Though I suppose I need something that's solid and not
liable to shift around so the speed of the drive will be constant.
> wonder if that could be used to make rollers, etc. Making the
> moulds would be fairly easy in a reasonable home workshop.
> Anyone know if said compound is available in the UK?

There's a car interior restorer just down the road from here - they might
know, though with a name like 'northumbrian leather interiors' they might
not :)
> This is a full-size platten, in 2 parts, with differential
> gearing between them (to keep the paper running straight!).
> Should be 'interesting' to repair...

Ick - sounds like fun!


Binary Dinosaurs
www.binarydinosaurs.co.uk - possibly the UK's biggest online computer museum
www.snakebiteandblack.co.uk - ex-monthly gothic shenanigans :o(
Received on Wed Feb 04 2004 - 03:23:58 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.0 : Fri Oct 10 2014 - 23:36:41 BST