EBAY???

From: Philip Pemberton <philpem_at_dsl.pipex.com>
Date: Mon Mar 8 11:27:18 2004

In message <404C95AD.5080408_at_atarimuseum.com>
          Curt Vendel <curt_at_atarimuseum.com> wrote:

> Hmmmm, thats interesting... I wonder if that's why sites like
> marketplace.vintage.org specifically for vintage computers and
> www.bidiots.com for videogames have appeared on the scene and as time
> has gone by their usage is slowly and steadily increasing.
To be honest, I rarely bother with Ebay. OTOH, Ebay does have its uses - I
bought a USB to RS232 converter cable off Ebay for ?13 (about $20) that was
listed in various computer component catalogues for upwards of ?30 (about
$50).
I've been thinking about getting one of those nice little VT520 amberscreen
DEC terminals that have been popping up on VCM. Only problem is, I bet
they're incredibly heavy and thus very expensive to send transatlantic. That
and I doubt the power supply would appreciate getting over twice the rated
voltage pushed into the input - natch.

Later.
--
Phil.                              | Acorn Risc PC600 Mk3, SA202, 64MB, 6GB,
philpem_at_dsl.pipex.com              | ViewFinder, 10BaseT Ethernet, 2-slice,