VAX won't recognize TQK70

From: R. D. Davis <rdd_at_rddavis.org>
Date: Thu Mar 11 09:20:17 2004

After attaching an external power supply to my TK70 (since I don't
have the sled with connectors to the VAX's power supply, and didn't
know where to solder power cables to from inside the empty bay), and
installing the TQK70 into a Qbus slot, I can't get the system to even
recognize the TQK70. Nothing lights up on thee TK70, although both
LEDs on the TQK70 are lit. The cable is connected the right way.

The CSR on the TQK70 is set to 774500, and the jumpers are connecting
the bottom two of the three rows of pins on the drive-select jumpers.
I've tried inserting the TQK70 into various slots (including upper and
lower, since I understand that grant continuation follows a serpentine
pattern.

When I do a show qbus command, the TQK70 doesn't show up:

>>> sh qbus

-20000200 (761000) = 0000 IDV11A
-20000202 (761002) = 807F
-20000204 (761004) = 0000
-20000206 (761006) = F9FD
-200002AC (761254) = 00C0 DTCN5
-200002AE (761256) = 0000
-200002B4 (761264) = 0020 DTC05
-200002B6 (761266) = 0000
-200002B8 (761270) = 0020 DTC05
-200002BA (761272) = 0000
-20001F40 (777500) = 0020 IPCR

Any thoughts/ideas?

--
Copyright (C) 2003 R. D. Davis The difference between humans & other animals:
All Rights Reserved | My VAX | an unnatural belief that we're above Nature &