monitor with screwed colour in bottom-right of screen

From: Vintage Computer Festival <vcf_at_siconic.com>
Date: Fri Mar 12 02:44:16 2004

On 12 Mar 2004, Jules Richardson wrote:

> I'm amazed the tube didn't implode to be honest, or I didn't smash any
> of the boards. Net damage seems to be the loss of a 4" chunk of plastic
> from front of the casing...

CRTs are amazingly tough. I've dropped more than a few on accident from
4-5 feet and they usually just bounce. Normally the enclosure gets
damaged but the CRT--even the neck--stays intact. Only one television
stands out in my memory that fell flat on its face from a height of about
2-3' and imploded, but that was the exception.