72VDC power?

From: Joe R. <rigdonj_at_cfl.rr.com>
Date: Tue Mar 16 09:58:24 2004

At 06:22 AM 3/16/04 -0800, Bruce wrote:
>Hi, Joe,

find a mate for it in a few minutes.

   Thanks but I doubt I'll need it. I'll probably pull the PSU and connect
a standard 110 VAC unit and test it and see what kind of software is on the
drive (including the drivers for the INES GPIB card) but that's about all.
Anybody need a WELL built rack mount puter?

>>operate off of 72 VDC power and that all four connecotr pins are wired tot
>>he PSU. Is anyone familar with the type of connector or why or where they
>>use 72 VDC power? The computer doesn't look like anything exceptional. It
>
> 72VDC is frequently used in diesel-electric railroad locomotives. It is
possible that this system was designed to work in one.

    Hmmm. Now that IS an unusual application! FWIW I believe that this one
came from Harris Corp. I wonder what they were doing with it.

    Joe