Dragon 32/64

From: Roger Merchberger <zmerch_at_30below.com>
Date: Tue Mar 16 19:08:58 2004

Rumor has it that DJ \(M1DLG\) may have mentioned these words:

[[ Note: Please don't click "Reply" then start up a new thread -- that
makes mailing list archives *really* wonky... If it's a new subject, start
from scratch. Thanks! ]]

>anyone here with any experence with these, as i have a badly damaged power
>supply board, has been damaged since around 1994 when it fell out of the
>loft (owing to my mum religating everything i owned then out of the way.)
>the loft to floor fall was 12-15 feet, and it is my dream to have the whole
>thing working once again.

No experience directly, but I've worked on CoCos for years, and they're
quite similar. However, if you just want to replace it in the short term,
try here:

http://www.cadigital.com/computer.htm

Most of the items they sell at that website are insanely expensive, but at
$35 complete, it's actually rather reasonable... If you're not in the US, I
dunno what shipping would do to ya...

>if there is anyone with an old one with mind to sell or any circuit diagrams
>to offer then please let me know. i am also looking to convert the cassette
>tapes of the games and other software i have stashed to CD as this is only a
>theory that it could work i would like to know if anyone has done this
>before.

Dunno if the cassette audio is compatible, but Jeff Vavasour would be the
guy to get in contact with for stuff like that - he wrote the premiere
CoCo2/3 emulator (google is your friend, my friend) and there are programs
that can convert tape audio data to/from wave files for the emulator on a
PC. You might wanna try there...

HTH, and laterz,
Roger "Merch" Merchberger

--
Roger "Merch" Merchberger   | "Bugs of a feather flock together."
sysadmin, Iceberg Computers |           Russell Nelson