Bloody newbies

From: Witchy <witchy_at_binarydinosaurs.co.uk>
Date: Mon Mar 22 18:12:42 2004

Because someone put a total bid on and was consistently the highest bidder
while said n00b put the price up and up by continually bidding. Nothing
wrong with that - I've done it meself, though in my case I have reasonable
(for my thinking) ceilings, and even $150 is too much for an original Mac, I
think, particularly one that hasn't been fully tested and has sticky keys!

> Do you think people misconstrued the model number as the
> serial number? The
> seller didn't mention that some of these early ones were
> signed by Jobs and Woz. Or is that myth?

It's not a myth, well, maybe the Woz link. All compact Macs up to I think
the SE and maybe the Classic bore the signatures of the development team on
the inside of the casing...pity some people play up on that and try to pass
it off as WOW*RARE*L_at__at_K!

Cheers

 --
Adrian/Witchy