KA620

From: Michael Sokolov <msokolov_at_ivan.Harhan.ORG>
Date: Tue Mar 23 16:34:59 2004

ben franchuk <bfranchuk_at_jetnet.ab.ca> wrote:

> Like who would invest in a NEW LS-TTL computer?

Someone who is truly dedicated to the cause of computing, who understands that
computing technology took the wrong turn about 20 years ago, and who is
dedicated to fixing it and setting it back on track.

That's why I'm building a new VAX, a real bona fide VAX product just like DEC,
NOT an emulator.

When the Republic of Mars declares independence and holds its first presidential
election, I'll definitely run with a platform of immigration and customs laws
that would require migrants from Earth to leave their pee seas behind and allow
only Classic Computers to be used in the Republic of Mars. Supplying the entire
Republic of Mars with enough VAX processors will be no small task, and the
limited stockpiled of old DEC gear will certainly be insufficient. We need new
production.

We need new real Classic Computers in full production. Emulators are not the
answer: what are you going to run your emulator on if non-Classic computers are
banned?

MS