More on my flickering DEC monitor

From: jpero_at_sympatico.ca <(jpero_at_sympatico.ca)>
Date: Wed Mar 24 12:42:43 2004

Snip

> jpero> I'm curious what a leakage and corrsion looks like with flux
> jpero> left on the circuit board?
>
> Corrosion would look green typically.
>
> Leakage: I had a circuit that was flaky until I washed it better.
> That was water soluble flux, probably more conductive than classic
> rosin flux.
>
> paul

Got it. Only ones that is "dry" were had water soluble flux and was
washed off properly. Yet those "dry" boards made resoldering jobs
tedious because I have to buff off oxidization on component leads.
Those that had old fashioned flux and left on was easier to work with
and kept solder "fresh" looking.

Cheers,

Wizard