anybody know of GOOD serach engine?

From: Patrick <patrick_at_VintageComputerMarketplace.com>
Date: Mon Mar 29 13:43:00 2004

> Its just starting to put me off, if you search for any
> specific retail item, you get tons of hits from
> companies claiming to have the specific item you're
> looking for. But when you click on the link it takes
> you to the home page of some retailer, you dig through
> all the sub catagories to find what you want and they
> either don't carry it or are out of stock.

Actually, that's less offensive to me (at least the "out of stock" part of
the issue--how would Google know?) than the sites that seem to make a
business out of indexing eBay auctions, so when you click on the Google
listing expecting to find a retailer, you get blasted to a site that then
forwards you into eBay for a used/garbage item, or worse, a bunch of
irrelevant items. :-/

But then, if you're looking for a retailer, have you tried Froogle? This is
driven by feeds from the listing merchants, and my sense is that it's a good
bit more current than the generic index for stock level and
availability. --Patrick