RJ designations

From: Steve Thatcher <melamy_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Tue Feb 22 13:49:10 2005

in general, people have called them by RKxx, whether it is correct or not is academic. When did you last xerox something...

it really doesn't matter whether there is a USOC or not.

it is whatever the general consensus settles on.

best regards, Steve Thatcher

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Smith <eric_at_brouhaha.com>
Sent: Feb 22, 2005 10:41 AM
To: "General Discussion: On-Topic and Off-Topic Posts" <cctalk_at_classiccmp.org>
Subject: Re: Kaypro II keyboard? (problem)

Steve Thatcher wrote about four position modular jacks and plug:
> it is a RJ22 and here is a link to a company that sells them...
> http://www.goodmart.com/products/81925.htm

I've seen that there are several web pages that call those RJ22,
but I believe they are incorrect. An RJ22 uses a 50-position
connector for up to 12 stations on a key telephone syste with A/A1

I still don't think there is any USOC for a service using a
four-position modular connector.

The most accurate USOC RJxx reference I've found online is:

Received on Tue Feb 22 2005 - 13:49:10 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.0 : Fri Oct 10 2014 - 23:37:40 BST