Computer Listing

From: Alexios Chouchoulas <alexios_at_vennea.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed Mar 26 18:52:53 1997

> On Fri, 21 Mar 1997, Roger Merchberger wrote:
>
> > Check out this URL:
> >
> > http://www.dcs.ed.ac.uk/~axc/MACHINE-ROOM/welcome.html
> >
> > the Database isn't overly huge, and doesn't have database, or auto-add, or
> > any of that jazz, but it's got a beautiful layout and some really strange
> > machines in it (including a pic & listing for the Video Technology Laser
> > 200...
>
> Cool! Thanks, I'll check that out.

  Greetings, Roger! Wow, the Machine Room just got a mention! I'm honoured
(substitute honored, depending on location). :-)

  The Laser 200 pic is really horrible, it's from a Greek (!) mag circa
1984, all in black and white and very small. I know I've seen a colour ad
for the critter, but I can't locate it.

  Btw, since it's URL time, may I suggest the /new/ URL for the Machine
Room:

              http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~alexios/MACHINE-ROOM/

  It's even nicer to nice browsers (i.e. Lynx) and contains more machines
(68 right now).

> I'm becoming more interested in Video Technology Ltd. It seems they made
> a lot of computers I've never heard of.

  And they were all sort-of-compatible to something else! Strangely enough,
they changed their choice of cloned machine every model and they weren't
particularly good at it, either. :-)

Have fun!
Alexios

Alexios Chouchoulas '88 ,88' ,88' alexios_at_vennea.demon.co.uk
The Unpronouncable One ,o88oooo88ooooo88oo, axc_at_dcs.ed.ac.uk