Datanumerics DL8A is here! Have a peek _at_ ...

From: Greg Troutman <mor_at_crl.com>
Date: Wed Mar 4 01:10:44 1998

Andrew Davie wrote:

> It arrived 10 minutes ago.
> I'm so excited, I just put up a quick web page so you can all see it.
> Its obviously not an IMSAI...? So... anyone know anything about it.
> Comments appreciated (even "I want it!!")

She's purdy. How about a tight close-up on the data switches and status
lights--I've got a fetish ;)

I had a pretty decent day myself. After striking out at a weekday flea
market, I stopped by this surplus store and inside a box of PC and Mac
boards I stumbled over a Synertek SYM-1 board :O

["Five bucks for this old thing? This ain't a PC dude, I'm not gonna be
surfin' the net with it--look at the date on this thing: 1978! Hmm.
Four bucks? Oh, all right..."]

It looks ready to go I guess, with a 4K PROM and 1K of RAM and
everything more or less new looking. I'll try and pinout the power
connector and see what it can do (well, it's 6502, so I'm sure it will
ROCK!!!) Lots of interesting buttons on the little membrane keypad, and
a whopping 6-digit 7-seg display ;)

--
mor_at_crl.com
http://www.crl.com/~mor/tps/