Dick Smith Wizzard

From: jpero_at_cgo.wave.ca <(jpero_at_cgo.wave.ca)>
Date: Wed Mar 4 12:46:12 1998

Snip!
> I have a page up for the Dick Smith Wizzard. It is, in fact, a
> Creativision - and can be seen at the following URL...
>
> http://www.comcen.com.au/~adavie/weird/creativision.html
>
> My machine has the optional keyboard (improves the feel from dreadful to
> absolutely dreadful but in 3d instead of 2d), and the docked casette module.
>
> Cheers
>
> PS: Is it just me, or are others getting mail failure notifications when
> sending to the list?

Dick Smith is reselling one of my favorite tool called ESR Meter to
check out the health state of the capacitors cleverly designed by Bob
Parker based on the Z86 microcontroller and one IC cost appox $40 US.
But I have a nitpick about Dick Smith; their payment policy leaves to
be much desired. I wound up getting one from another canadian guy
who got about 10 of them and after on 'net for plea. :)

The regular old trick with analog meter or capacitance meter miss
sick caps but the ESR meter did catch those baddies. ESR is vital in
switching and rapid responses where hi-frequency circuits is used.

Jason D.
email: jpero_at_cgo.wave.ca
Pero, Jason D.