I have this old network card: Artisoft Ethernet adapter

From: Sam Ismail <dastar_at_wco.com>
Date: Wed Mar 11 23:43:59 1998

On Wed, 11 Mar 1998 jpero_at_cgo.wave.ca wrote:

> This is old 1991 16bit ethernet card:
>
> model: AE-2/C
>
> I would like to add TP feature to it as it has solder pads for this
> part.

Ah, my old favorite. This card will run under LANtastic 5.0 with
unlimited licenses (when you bought this card, you bought a license to use
LANtastic; if you bought a third party card you had to buy the "adapter
independent" version of LANtastic which was a limited license product).

As for adding TP to it, I don't know if there is also some hardware
modification you have make to enable it for TP operation.

The drivers for this card come with LANtastic 5.0, 6.0 and 7.0. All the
same I could get you the drivers, for LANtastic at least. I can also get
you a copy of the unlimited license of version 5.0. I don't know if any
drivers were ever written for it for Novell. Windows 95 has drivers
natively. My guess is that NT has them too although I can't check at the
moment. However, if this card is anything like the NodeRunner card (which
replaced the AE series cards) and can be configured for NE2000 mode, you
can only run it in NE2000 mode using an 8-bit interrupt (ie. 2, 3, 4, 5,
7).

Sam Alternate e-mail: dastar_at_siconic.com
Computer Historian, Programmer, Musician, Philosopher, Athlete, Writer, Jackass

                   Coming Soon...Vintage Computer Festival 2.0
                   See http://www.siconic.com/vcf for details!