VAXServers

From: Allison J Parent <allisonp_at_world.std.com>
Date: Fri Mar 13 08:50:59 1998

Recently there were a number of VAXservers offered from VCC.

The disposition is they are gone. Some comments for those that are
curious.

They were VAXservers (KA410e) meaning they do not have the graphic console
and they are old and as 3100s go slow. Compared to a m30, m38, m80 series
these are the slowest models. So if you not familiar with VAXen...they
were designed and intended as cheap servers.

Each one weights about 20-25 pounds basic weight of the 3100 pizza box
regardless of model. I priced packaging and shipping in the USA
as $30-50 each (even the tape drives weigh alot!). Thy may be small but
they weigh a lot. That's a lot of money. I can't deal with it. So I'm
not into shipping them. Many people wanted one shipped from VCC and none
took into account that the source had a job to do and no time or resources
to pack them and send them to indiviuals for free and there was no way to
recover the cost back. Me I'm broke so I can't lay out cash to ship them.
Take this as a hint when trying to procure systems/pieces. The source
generally desires LOW EFFORT/COST meaning you pick it up.

Allison