I have located Heaven... and it's inside ATS.

From: Sam Ismail <dastar_at_wco.com>
Date: Fri Mar 13 11:20:19 1998

On Thu, 12 Mar 1998, William Donzelli wrote:

> You, sir, have not seen many real computer rooms. Some of the plainest
> looking buildings have the most impressive computer rooms. Of those that I
> frequent, the best have been MCI sites (old things - VAXen, HP1000s, IBM
> S/1s, etc.), banks (big IBM iron, _including_ S/360 remnants), and AOL
> (yes, AOL - biggest computer rooms I have ever seen - _hundreds_ of
> serious machines, but all recent).

The only MCI site I've been in had Sun's and crappy NT boxes (on Compaq
servers). Nothing exciting, except that it comprised MCI's CampusMCI
internet backbone, which was kinda cool. Oh, and it did house my stuff
which made it respectable :)

Sam Alternate e-mail: dastar_at_siconic.com
Computer Historian, Programmer, Musician, Philosopher, Athlete, Writer, Jackass

                   Coming Soon...Vintage Computer Festival 2.0
                   See http://www.siconic.com/vcf for details!