Old IBMs

From: Daniel A. Seagraves <DSEAGRAV_at_toad.xkl.com>
Date: Tue Mar 17 11:37:08 1998

[IPL is slow...]
I mean the IPL *BEFORE* it asks me for username/password.
It counts down from 11 on the console, and takes eternity.

[Want a few PC-36es?]
Not really, I'm pushing my storage as is. Maybe when I get moved in some-
where, I could use them. I have the microcode disks and such for them...

[Learning the S/36 O/S]
That's a question of how much time I get to burn with it.
Mine apparently speaks RPG and Assembler, I wish it did BASIC.
Maybe as I screw with it some, I'll learn. I have a quickref book and
a few manuals.

[Hostname?]
Do IBM's need a hostname? I plan to make (some attempt) at networking
this with the S/34...

[Operation with no printer]
What was that command again?
-------