Old IBMs

From: David Wollmann <dwollmann_at_ibmhelp.com>
Date: Tue Mar 17 11:46:49 1998

At 09:37 AM 3/17/98 -0800, you wrote:
>[IPL is slow...]
>I mean the IPL *BEFORE* it asks me for username/password.
>It counts down from 11 on the console, and takes eternity.

Ok, what mode is the key switch set to? I think Service mode takes quite a
bit longer to POST...I'll have to check.

>[Want a few PC-36es?]
>Not really, I'm pushing my storage as is. Maybe when I get moved in some-
>where, I could use them. I have the microcode disks and such for them...
>
>[Learning the S/36 O/S]
>That's a question of how much time I get to burn with it.
>Mine apparently speaks RPG and Assembler, I wish it did BASIC.
>Maybe as I screw with it some, I'll learn. I have a quickref book and
>a few manuals.

Want to swap something for the ASM diskettes? How about BASIC?

>[Hostname?]
>Do IBM's need a hostname? I plan to make (some attempt) at networking
>this with the S/34...

That I'm not sure of. My 36 is stand-alone. :(

>[Operation with no printer]
>What was that command again?

SYSLIST CRT

You can also do this from the menus, I forget where, but if you drill down
about three levels in the admin stuff it's there.

--
David Wollmann			|
dwollmann_at_ibmhelp.com		| Support for legacy IBM products.