Help, yet again...

From: Christian Fandt <cfandt_at_netsync.net>
Date: Mon Mar 8 08:49:13 1999

Upon the date 10:06 PM 3/7/99 -0500, Mike said something like:
>OK, here's a challenge that I hope one (or more) of you will rise too. I
>found something I didn't even know existed. It's the Heathkit Memory I/O
>Accessory ETA-3400. Woo Hoo!!! Its the expansion box for the 6800 based
>ET-3400 Microprocessor Learning System (one of my favorite toys.) Now for
>the good news, and too my dilema. It's still it kit form with all the
>parts! ;))) I get to build it. I guess I'll need the assembly/op docs for
>it. An external examination reveals rca jacks for 'tape input' and 'tape
>output' and also a rs-232 port. I gotta get this thing up.... help!

No problem Mike! ;)

I've got my ETA-3400 packed away with the ET-3400 and a bunch of other
docs. I built both from kits back in 1981/82. I'll have to dig around for
the box (one of those *many* boxes we still need to go through after moving
into this house a year ago.) Found two boxes I'd never opened from my last
move into the old house 22 years ago! Contained good radio parts to keep
though :)

Anyway, I'll have to hunt for and pull out the ETA-3400 docs and find a way
to make copies for you. May have to go to a commercial copy house and pay
as I've not got a new job yet (which usually comes with a copier ;) Is
that okay Mike?

BTW, this was a really fun accessory to the ET-3400. Learned my first uP
and some basic computing from the ET. Hence, my lean toward Motorola's uP
families and away from the Intel types.

IIRC, the ETA has Tiny Basic in ROM. I recall having fun lashing it up to
my new, freshly-built H-19 terminal and later, my freshly-built H-8
computer via a terminal program (which I've long forgotten which) from the
HUG. Those were the days! :-) :-) :-)

Regards, Chris
-- --
Christian Fandt, Electronic/Electrical Historian
Jamestown, NY USA cfandt_at_netsync.net
Member of Antique Wireless Association