Rebirth of IMSAI

From: Sellam Ismail <dastar_at_ncal.verio.com>
Date: Sun Mar 21 22:04:34 1999

On Sun, 21 Mar 1999, Max Eskin wrote:

> On Mon, 22 Mar 1999, Tony Duell wrote:
> >monitor hidden inside the case of a classic monitor. This was to go on
> >show as a museum exhibit in place of having the real machine in operation.
>
> Although I would object to destroying a classic monitor, this seems ok to
> me. Nobody would think that this was the actual machine running, no
> videotape can be that good. Of course, a real machine would be better. But
> then, what do you do with a real machine? You can't have people use it,
> because that would destroy it. Nobody would be interested in sitting and

What do you mean "You can't have people use it, because that would destroy
it"? Its going to decay into a pile of dust anyway. You may as well give
people the opportunity to experience it first hand while its still
possible. In ther very least, have it running with some software that
demonstrates some of its capabilities.

> watching somebody flip switches to demonstrate how it was used. So the
> only solution is to have it sit and collect dust.

Such a negative thinker.

Sellam Alternate e-mail: dastar_at_siconic.com
Don't rub the lamp if you don't want the genie to come out.

                  Coming in 1999: Vintage Computer Festival 3.0
                   See http://www.vintage.org/vcf for details!
                        [Last web site update: 02/15/99]