.DSK files.

From: David C. Jenner <djenner_at_halcyon.com>
Date: Mon Mar 22 21:18:07 1999

That's why I said "If you're running RT-11, Version 5.0 or later".
If you're NOT, well, that's another story.

There was a DECUS-contributed handler, the SD.SYS handler, back
in Version 3 and 4 that did (does?) the "same thing" as LD in Version 5.0.
Are the two compatible? If so, you could find the SD handler and use
it under RSTS? (Maybe it's on one of the tapes you can't read, yet/!!!)

I haven't found the docs for RT-11 Version 5.0 very useful for
using logical disks. There's all the references you need for commands,
but there are almost NO discussions of how to do common tasks.
I.e., there's no way to put it together to do what you want to do
except by trial and error. Or brilliant deduction, which I usually
don't have.

Dave