Museums

From: George Rachor <george_at_racsys.rt.rain.com>
Date: Tue Mar 23 12:11:32 1999

Actually sharing the Vision --

In monitoring this coversation I'm reminded about the eventual repository
of my collection. It is small by comparison to some of the collections I
hear described on this list but still I have s significant amount of house
space devoted to it.

My wife is very supportive but we both know the collection will eventually
need a home of it's own.

I think our vision of such a place may be something like a Cybercafe with
a dedicated place for old computer equipment to be renovated and
experimented with. Obviously there would be a place for visiting
computers systems as well as space for "The Collection".

If such an idea becomes a chain of such things so much the better. You
could end up with exchanges amonst collections similarly to the was Other
museums trade exibits.

I propose the Cybercafe part to raise enough revenue to pay for the space
but I down't really know if you could generate enough to keep out of the
red.

Other thoughts and ideas please.....

George

George L. Rachor Jr. george_at_racsys.rt.rain.com
Beaverton, Oregon http://racsys.rt.rain.com
United States of America Amateur Radio : KD7DCX