Rebirth of IMSAI

From: Ward D. Griffiths III <gram_at_cnct.com>
Date: Tue Mar 23 15:19:42 1999

On Tue, 23 Mar 1999, Mike Ford wrote:

> >>There are games for classic computers as well ;-)... There probably
> >
> >What's the benefit of a person playing PacMan on a classic computer? How
> >would it be different from a modern one?
>
> Yeah, whats the point of watching Chaplin now that we have Jim Cary?

Because Chaplin is still more entertaining? I mean, you can only do
so much with talking butt jokes.

> Because that is the point of history, to see how things develope over time,
> and to put into perspective the conditions of a past time with the present.
>
> BTW something very like the arcade game Pacman will run on a Apple II, but
> not on any hardware of a generation prior to it AFAIK.

And for straight arcade action, the Big Five games for the old
TRS-80 line were as good as anything then or for a goodly while
afterward. (With only 1 Kbyte of display RAM to update, they were
_fast_).
--
Ward Griffiths
"the timid die just like the daring; and if you don't take the plunge then