Museums

From: Sellam Ismail <dastar_at_ncal.verio.com>
Date: Tue Mar 23 21:03:45 1999

On Tue, 23 Mar 1999, Zane H. Healy wrote:

> >I propose the Cybercafe part to raise enough revenue to pay for the space
> >but I down't really know if you could generate enough to keep out of the
> >red.
> >
> >Other thoughts and ideas please.....
>
> >George L. Rachor Jr. george_at_racsys.rt.rain.com
> >Beaverton, Oregon http://racsys.rt.rain.com
>
> Simple, serve good food of a wide variety, and put it near one of the local
> Intel plants. Between Ronlar Acres and Jones Farm would probably be the
> best. The down side being that rent around here for the kind of space
> needed is probably murder!

Do you want to run a vintage computer workshop or a restaurant? There's
too much work for in either to do both..

> For places that don't have the advantage of Intel plants to draw a crowd,
> I'd suggest placing it near a College. For either including some kind of
> gaming set up might be helpful. Both multi-player computer games, and
> stuff like "Magic:The Adiction".

Hmm, not a bad idea. Start collecting classic arcade games and create a
an arcade with classic games. You'd have a good target market:
middle-aged people wanting to play the games they enjoyed in their youth
with more quarters to spend than they did when they were teens. It could
provide a good stream of income to support the museum.

Sellam Alternate e-mail: dastar_at_siconic.com
Don't rub the lamp if you don't want the genie to come out.

                  Coming in 1999: Vintage Computer Festival 3.0
                   See http://www.vintage.org/vcf for details!
                        [Last web site update: 02/15/99]