IBM 557 Alphabetic Interpreter??

From: James Willing <jimw_at_agora.rdrop.com>
Date: Tue Mar 30 10:44:48 1999

On Tue, 30 Mar 1999, Fred Cisin (XenoSoft) wrote:

> #026 and #029 keypunches, nor the punch outputs of most computers, did
> NOT print anything on the card.

Ummm... beg to differ. The 029 keypunch that I currently have in my
collection, and the 026 that I had some years back most assuredly DID have
the capability to print along the top edge of the card.

Now, I will grant that this feature can be switched off, or not selected
as an installed option when the unit was orginally ordered... But the
capability does exist in both units.

-jim
---
jimw_at_agora.rdrop.com