iOpener

From: healyzh_at_aracnet.com <(healyzh_at_aracnet.com)>
Date: Mon Mar 20 10:18:51 2000

> Mine just arrived this morning, I had ordered it from Netpliance's own
> 800 # so evidently at least *they* still have stock even if CC doesn't
> (suits me, the nearest CC is 1.5 hours away from me anyway).

You lucky ^$&#**_at_ !!!! Who knows when CC will get mine in.

> In keeping with nerd tradition I've got the thing all in pieces before even
> powering it on for the first time -- boy they sure didn't skimp on screws!
> But the 44-pin connector is right there as promised. I'm thinking of maybe
> doing a tiny PCB rather than soldering 44 individual wires on, I wonder if
> there's a +12V source in hear anywhere so that standard 40-pin IDE drives could
> be used too and not just laptop drives? The case is *really* cramped though.
>
> John Wilson
> D Bit

I think it's possible to pull +12V out of it somehow, but am not sure the
powersupply can handle a standard drive. BTW, apparently two laptop cables
and one 44-pin connector are an easy way to get the HD in. Just plug the
cables into the connector so the red lines are on opposite sides. Of course
this means you have to come up wiht 2 cables and 1 44-pin connector.

So is it going to be running Ersatz-11 :^)

                                Zane