Are you sure the 6550 is dead? (was: Mos Technology RAM wanted)

From: Pete Turnbull <pete_at_dunnington.u-net.com>
Date: Tue Mar 21 17:08:20 2000

On Mar 21, 21:48, Tony Duell wrote:
> > else, long before I posted my request. I could fix about anything
else on
> > the PET, but I draw the line at grinding the top off to poke at
individual
> > flip-flops in an IC :-) FWIW, the first job I had in
>
> Really, kids these days.....

Well, I once ripped the metal lids off a few ceramic DRAMs to use them as
optical image sensors (ISTR an article in BYTE, I think it was, years ago
about that), and there's a story about how Ferranti designers determined
that a particular ULA design worked perfectly if only you could get at the
gates with a microprobe to add a pullup in a certain place, but these SRAMs
are plastic and I've run out of fuming nitric acid :-(

--
Pete						Peter Turnbull
						Dept. of Computer Science