Netscape Mail, was Re: HTML in EMAIL

From: Ethan Dicks <erd_6502_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu Mar 14 13:19:41 2002

--- "Fred Cisin (XenoSoft)" <cisin_at_xenosoft.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Mar 2002, Allison wrote:
> > Hint, disable VBSscripting! Why anyone would link a programming
> > language to email is beyond me.

I agree, but someone somewhere decided that the ignorant masses needed
it. Perhaps it was conceived as an ideal spam vector and sold to
management as a revenue-enhancing feature.

> Is there any reason why I should switch away from PINE on a TELNET
> session?

Nope. I used to use elm over a telnet session, but I had switch to
a web-based client when I was in Russia for an extended period of
time and I could _not_ establish a reliable telnet connection to
home. With Yahoo!, I've read mail from all over the world. It beats
a telnet session over comms satellite (1600ms packet RTT!)

The short of it is, if you are in North America on a land line, there's
no reason not to use telnet/PINE if you aren't anticipating digesting
voluminous quantities of attachments.

-ethan