"New" PDP-8

From: Loboyko Steve <sloboyko_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri Mar 29 23:50:19 2002

I just completed the very nasty job of downloading the
operating system and a few BASIC programs to my "new"
PDP8, which is built from Robert Armstrong's design.
It only draws about 5 watts, so it isn't a problem to
keep on all the time, unlike others that people on
this list might own!

I made a comment to Mr.Armstrong that I removed the
IBM logo from the drive because I didn't think it
would work correctly with a DEC design. Strangely,
this actually came true to a degree; I had a slow PPI
chip that didn't get data from the drive quickly
enough. I tried to save a dollar buying an 82C55
instead of an 82C55-5.

Pics, if interested, are at:

sloboyko.home.mindspring.com/pdp8e.htm

I wrote up this web page as a brief synopsis of
material I found on the Internet; some may be true and
some may not be true. I would appreciate comments,
etc., from the experts.

I would also appeciate any pointers to interesting
software, especially large BASIC programs, disk based
FOCAL (if this exists?), and so on.

The logos on the case look OK, but if anyone a broken
piece of case with a Digital or PDP8 logo on it, I'd
really like to have it.