Apple IIgs

From: Ian Primus <ian_primus_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed Mar 5 20:12:00 2003

IIRC, the IIgs sometimes did funny things if you had the 5 1/4 floppies
connected to the computer before the 3 1/2 inch drives, because then
the Apple 3.5" drives wouldn't sense one of the signals. A general rule
of thumb is - Apple 3.5's first, then Unidisk 3.5, then 5 1/4. I don't
know if this has anything to do with your problem, but it's worth a
shot. Also, make sure the drives and disks involved are working
properly. I've had worn DSDD floppies that worked fine in a
Superdrive-equipped Mac, but wouldn't read properly on an 800k drive.

Ian Primus
ian_primus_at_yahoo.com