WTD: NEC V20 Hardware Manual, IBM PC schematics

From: Eric Josephson <ericj_at_speakeasy.org>
Date: Tue Mar 11 14:34:00 2003

On Tue, 11 Mar 2003, Philip Pemberton wrote:

> Eric Josephson wrote:
> > There's a datasheet for the V20 (uPD70108) on partminer.com that
> > has dc/ac characteristics, timing diagrams, pinouts, etc.
> Problem #1: PartMiner seem to have locked access to *ALL* the datasheets.
> Fun, fun, fun. What was once a genuinely useful service has now "gone to the
> dogs"... Thank-you dot.bomb...

I downloaded it from partminer just last week. I can understand not
wanting to go through the registration thing, though. I'll put it up
somewhere if you want a copy.

> > Sorry,
> > I can't help on the actual hardware manual. Can you get by with
> > docs for the 8088? I thought it was a drop-in replacement.
> I might be able to use the 8088 docs. The V20 is *supposed* to be a drop-in
> replacement, but IIRC it needed some (minor) BIOS alterations to get it to
> work properly in PCs when the 8088 was swapped with a V20.
>
> > Where did you find the software manual?
> www.google.com - I searched for "NEC V20 Hardware Manual".

I thought I tried that, but was probably searching for something
like 70108. ;-)

By the way, regarding the orignal message: I do have a copy of the
IBM PC Tech Ref (PC, not XT) with the schematics. I may be able to
spare some nanocycles to scan them sometime in the next month or so
if nobody else has already done so.

Regards,

--
Eric Josephson