WTD: NEC V20 Hardware Manual, IBM PC schematics

From: Philip Pemberton <philpem_at_dsl.pipex.com>
Date: Tue Mar 11 15:06:01 2003

Eric Josephson wrote:
> I downloaded it from partminer just last week. I can understand not
> wanting to go through the registration thing, though. I'll put it up
> somewhere if you want a copy.
I've registered with Partminer, or rather their other site
freetradezone.com. I tried to find a datasheet and it threw up a
"Distributor Access Only" error. A quick request for a CAPS Advisor 14-day
trial sorted that out. Needless to say, I now have full data on 95% of the
ICs in my junk box.

> By the way, regarding the orignal message: I do have a copy of the
> IBM PC Tech Ref (PC, not XT) with the schematics. I may be able to
> spare some nanocycles to scan them sometime in the next month or so
> if nobody else has already done so.
That would be great - thanks. Does the Techref cover the uPD765 floppy disc
controller as well? (did IBM use that chip in the original PC?) Speaking of
disc controllers, I need a few uPD765s. Disc controllers and SuperI/O chips
are like hen's teeth around here. I've got a Holtek HT6552IR in unknown
condition with no data. Holtek did send me the datasheet, but my PC suffered
a hard drive failure (yes, current hard drives are still afflicted by the
age old problem of sticktion).
Someone also mentioned a copy of the IBM PC schematics was included with
Microcornucopia magazine? If this is/was true, I'd love a copy.
A memory map would also be useful. I do have source code for a PC/XT BIOS
(from programmersheaven.com iirc) so I don't need the BIOS sources scanning.
Now I wonder if IBM still have any Techrefs in stock...
And while I'm on the subject of PCs, I've tracked down a really nice Dell
keyboard. It seems like it uses a buckling-spring mechanism. This is based
on the fact that it makes a very loud click when a key goes down. It also
makes a "boing" type noise akin to a spring popping out and flying into a
wall. It's Dell P/N 093GDJ, FCC ID GYUM90SK.

Thanks.
--
Phil.
philpem_at_dsl.pipex.com