collecting silicon wafers

From: Philip Pemberton <philpem_at_dsl.pipex.com>
Date: Tue Mar 11 14:57:00 2003

Dave Wilson wrote:
> If you have wafers you can supply, I'd be immensely grateful -
> though of course, you won't want to part with them now .....
Same here - I'd like a few silicon wafers - not blanks, wafers that have had
ICs manufactured on them and are in one piece. I'd love to put one under a
microscope and examine it, but like I said, most of the wafers I've seen for
sale are just transistors. I'd love to have a look at a wafer covered in ICs
under a microscope. I've got a nice little SLR and it shouldn't be too hard
to track down a bit of brass tubing to build a light-tight spacer to get it
onto the microscope.

Later.
--
Phil.