IBM RS/6000 59H

From: Zane H. Healy <healyzh_at_aracnet.com>
Date: Mon Mar 29 21:07:23 2004

> Not entirely certain its on topic.. if it is, its just barely..

Closer than I expected....

> Anyone know much about'm? In particularly, sources of electronic
> hardware documentation? (Service Guide?)

Have you checked the IBM Website?

> I just got handed one, along w/ a AIX 5.1 media set.. Now I get to go
> have fun.. Course, it would be nice to know exactly what bits I'm
> pulling out of it, as I poke at its innards. .

I'll warn you, AIX (pronounced Aches) isn't the most fun of OS's, for a Unix
box at home, I prefer IRIX, Solaris, or for a secure system OpenBSD.

> Speaking of Google, googling for the above subject turns up a few
> billion memory dealers, and a few SpecInt pages. :-(

Just so happens I keep that info around for a lot of the older systems....

System CPU ClkMHz Cache SPECint SPECfp Info
Name (NUMx)Type ext/in Ext+I/D 95 95 Date
IBM 59H/R20 POWER2 66 1M+32/128 3.37 9.80 Sep96

                Zane