Irreverence to irrelevance

From: Wirehead Prime <wirehead_at_retrocomputing.com>
Date: Wed Mar 18 10:55:08 1998

I've deleted many EXCELLENT ideas that John presented. Not because I
disagree with them but because I think they stand on their own merit
without me ratifying them by quoting them.

As for below, I quoted Sam's entire post because the last time I had to
deal with him I found that he would twist what he had originally said and
what I had said and that people picking up my post but not his assumed
that I was the aggressor. Posting unnecessary bytes is the only way to
insure that everyone can see what's really happening ...not filtered
through someone else's bitterness and foul language.

As for conspiracy theories, if Sam's intentions are pure why does he feel
the need to preface his announcements of a new discussion group with
comments trashing this one?

Why not just go off, start a new discussion group and let the cards fall
where they may? Because, then, he risks the embarassment that could
result if nobody goes to his new group. The only way to insure against
that is to do whatever he can to cause the demise of this group. He said
himself that he felt it would be best to let this group die. If you have
a family member (imperfect analogy but we'll go with it) who is in a bed,
perhaps dying, being kept alive by life support...it's one thing to say,
"We should pull the plug, let him or her go and go on with our lives."
but quite another to say that while poking the poor wretch with a pointy
stick or putting a pillow over their face.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with him starting a new group. In fact,
I encourage him to do so. But to trash this one and insist upon it's
destruction is wrong. Especially when he stands to benefit by being in
control of the whole enchilada when the dust settles.

If he starts a new group and it's run so much better that it becomes more
popular and nobody comes here anymore then so be it. But to sit there
and say that this group should die because he, personally, doesn't like
some of the people here and to make statements insulting anyone who
doesn't agree with his point of view is just mean. There's no reason for
it and I think it reveals his TRUE motivations.

Anthony Clifton - Wirehead