Sinclair Toaster

From: Iggy Drougge <optimus_at_canit.se>
Date: Tue Mar 6 07:26:06 2001

Mike skrev:

>I had a fun fleamarket run last weekend and for $17 total... First picked
>up an unbuilt and complete Sinclair Black Watch Kit...

>It was difficult retaining the drool while fishing out the $2... It's a
>pretty little kit

>There's a Sinclair ic (kx8508 Sinclair) that's got a datecode of '75 but I
>dont remember ever seeing the watch advertised on this side-o-the-pond... I
>guess kit's safe as long as my other LED holds out. ;)

Mmm, how genuine.

>Then I found a Video Toaster 4000 3.0/40 Amiga 2000 with a GVP scsi/hd, and
>a few DPS (Digital Processing Systems) boards in it. It boots fine into
>workbench and into toaster but I haven't hooked up any video sources to it
>yet. It's wonderful to finally have Workbench on a harddisk.

And it only cost 15USD? You utter bastard.

>I haven't found much on the DPS cards yet though... I useta use a DPS PAR
>board in a pc with 3dstudio but I'm guessing these are tbc video
>capture/player boards. Does anyone have info on the:

> 1. DPS, 743-860, PTF Rev 2
> 2. DPS-560, 743-800 WFV Rev 3

Have a look at http://www.amiga-hardware.com/.
If you need to identify the cards, use a program such as WhichAmiga or a
modern ShowBoards. I'll mail them to you if you like.

--
En ligne avec Thor 2.6.
"I believe OS/2 is destined to be the most important operating system, and