New here :-) (& OT :)

From: Richard Erlacher <edick_at_idcomm.com>
Date: Tue Mar 6 11:06:42 2001

Yes, they're archaic. They've been with us for a long time, hence it's terribly
difficult for us to let go of them. The ones hardest to give up are those that
are the most convenient. It's much easier for me to consider a "cup" of water
than to think of it as 236.5 ml, or even rounding up to 250 ml. When you go to
the corner pub for a mug of beer, you know about how much beer that is. You
know that if your friend has had three glasses of beer, he's probably not safe
driving his car, though you probably believe that if you've had three mugs of
beer, you're not unable to walk.

Dick