Mac haul and print server questions

From: Carlos Murillo <cmurillo_at_emtelsa.multi.net.co>
Date: Thu Mar 29 07:19:06 2001

At 10:15 PM 3/27/01 -0800, you wrote:
>> The LaserJet 4ML will definatly work as it's postscript if I'm not
mistaken.
>> Just about anything can print to it.
>
>It is; that's why I got it (and paid $1100 for it, brand-new). I wasn't
>going to get a laser printer until I could afford PostScript. I just checked
>tonight - 4700 pages so far. I just put _that_ one on an HP JetDirect
>print server I picked up at a tent sale for $10. Works great.
>-ethan

Me, I could not possibly afford a laser printer with the right amount
of memory, so I set up a ghostscript filter on my hp9000/735 and
I can print in color postscript on my lowly deskjet 695. Just had to
do some shell programming. In RH Linux, it is even easier because
gs filtering is a menu option during printer setup.

carlos.

Carlos E. Murillo-Sanchez carlos_murillo_at_nospammers.ieee.org