running 3 phase motors from single phase...

From: Jules Richardson <julesrichardsonuk_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Tue Mar 30 07:56:11 2004

Rats, I just found out the museum's dead Sperry drum store uses a 3
phase motor - is there any way I can run this from a single phase supply
(UK mains, ~240V, 50Hz) without things blowing up? Or am I resigned to
replacing the motor with a single phase equivalent?

I just want to get the thing spinning so that people can hear it running
- it's way beyond actually being able to restore it to working condition
again :-(

cheers

Jules